The Chronology of the Roman Goddess Diana; The Goddess of the Witches
The following Chronology will demonstrate the continuation of the Society of Diana up through the centuries to modern times. Many Stregharian witches follow this dictum.
* 1006 AD: 19th book of the Decretum (entitled Corrector) associates the worship of Diana with the common pagan folk.
* 1280 AD: Diocesan Council of Conserans associates the Witch Cult with the worship of a Pagan Goddess
* 1310 AD: Council of Trier associates witches with the goddess Diana (and Herodias)
* 1313 AD: Giovanni de Matociis writes in his Historiae Imperiales, that many lay people believe in a nocturnal society headed by a queen they call Diana.
* 1390 AD: A woman was tried by the Milanese Inquisition for belonging to the Society of Diana, she confessed to worshipping the goddess of Night and stated that "Diana" bestowed blessings on her.
* 1457 AD: 3 women tried in Bressanone, confess that they belonged to the Society of Diana (as recorded by Nicholas of Cusa).
* 1526 AD: Judge Paulus Grillandus writes of witches in the town of Benevento who worship a goddess at the site of an old walnut tree.
* 1576 AD: Bartolo Spina writes in his Quaestico de Strigibus. listing info gathered from confessions, that witches gather at night to worship their goddess, Diana, and have dealings with night spirits.
* 1647 AD: Peter Pipernus writes in his De Nuce Maga Beneventana & De Effectibus Magicis, of a women named Violanta who confessed to worshipping Diana at the site of an old walnut tree in the town of Benevento.
* 1749 AD: Girolamo Tartarotti associates the Witch Cult with the ancient cult of Diana, in his book Del Congresso Nottorno Delle Lammie.
* 1890 AD: Author Charles Leland associates the Witch Cult with the goddess Diana, as a survival of the ancient ways, in his book Etruscan Magic & Occult Remedies.
* 1894 AD: Lady Vere de Vere, after investigating witchcraft as it then existed in the Italian Tyrol region, wrote an article in La Rivista of Rome (June 1894) stating that ...the Community of Italian Witches is regulated by laws, traditions, and customs of the most secret kind, possessing special recipes for sorcery.
* 1895 AD: Professor Milani (Etruscan Scholar & Director of Archaeological Museum in Florence) states that various elements of ancient Etruscan occultism have been ...marvelously preserved in the Italian Witch Tradition....Professor Milani was familiar with the works of both Lady Vere de Vere and Charles Leland.
Source material for Chronology:
* Ecstasies-deciphering the witches Sabbath
* Night Battles-witchcraft and agrarian cults (by Ginzburg)
* Etruscan Magic & Occult Remedies, Legends of Florence,
* Aradia; gospel of the witches (by Charles Leland).
* The World of Witches, by Julio Baroja.
- From Lady Sheba...no reference
Prayer to Diana
O My Goddess, Diana, hear my song of adoration. Hear my voice when I sing Thy praises. Hear my songs as they rise heavenward, when the Full Moon, brightly shining, fills the heavens with Thy beauty. O my beautiful Moon Goddess, hear me as I stand before Thee. See me when I reach toward heaven, when my arms reach upward toward Thee. When the Full Moon shines upon me, give me Thy blessings, O Diana. Teach me of Thine ancient mysteries, ancient rites of invocation that the Holy Strega spoke of, for I believe the Strega's story: when she spoke of Thy shining glory, when she told us to entreat Thee, told us when we seek for knowledge to seek and find Thee above all others. Give us wisdom, O Diana: how to bind our oppressors, how to cure the sick among us. Teach me, O Diana. Give me Thy blessings, O Great Moon Goddess. Shield me from my oppressors. Receive me as your daughter, Diana. Receive me, though I am earth-bound. Grant me ancient Wiccan knowledge. When my body lies resting nightly, speak unto my inner spirit; teach me all Thy holy mysteries. I believe Thine ancient promise, Thy promise unto the ancient Wicca that we who seek Thy holy presence will receive Thy Wisdom. Now the Full Moon shines upon me. Hear me! I stand before Thee! Grant me wisdom! O Diana! Shield me from my oppressors! Teach me Thine holy mysteries! I sing Thy praises unto the heavens. Let Thy glory shine about me. Bless us, O gracious Queen of Heaven. Descend Thou among us; Descend and conquer, Gracious Goddess.
Taken from The Witches Workbook: The Magick Grimoire of Lady Sheba, by Jessie Wicker Bell, pub. Kensington Pub. Co., 1975
| Looking for something custom designed? Feel free to email me and lets see what we can do for you! Looking for wholesale pricing, contact: GYPSY BETH
Due to our personalization process or themes on many products, please allow sufficient time for item
to ship. Most items* require time for stains and finish coats (varnish/danish oil/hand rubbed wax).
Personalized items may not be refunded or returned, Please specify name accurately.
Orders paid by check are processed after 10 days. Custom items may take up to a month.
Pricing includes USPS delivery confirmation and shipping in U.S.
International orders please contact us for correct shipping cost.
Notice for Non-US shipments.
Please email your order so that correct charges are applied.
The shopping cart on our site is set for US shipping only.
If you pay for your order using the shopping cart, you will receive a separate invoice for additional shipping charges to your country.
No return or refund on personalized or custom items Please contact us before returning any item.
Return must be shipped (at buyers cost) insured with delivery confirmation added. Delivery confirmation number or other
verified shipping number must be supplied to us within 24 hours of shipment.
Refunds are issued for purchase price only, no refund on shipping/handling.
Customer must contact us and notify a request for return, then ship the item back insured with delivery confirmation to us at customers cost.
We will repair or replace the item and return it to the customer.
Delivery confirmation # must be supplied to us within 24 hours of return shipment.
ITEMS HAND MADE TO ORDER
Products are handcrafted to order. Please allow sufficient time for your order to be completed.
An order may take from 10 days to 6 weeks (custom built altars may take up to 10 weeks) depending on the order, how many other orders we have in front of you, etc.
DragonOak and Gypsy Beth have no other employees, we do all the work ourselves.
This prevents the hands of too many on your magical tool.
However, if we have a bad day, to avoid putting any of that negative energy into your product,
we may have to take the day off once in a while.
(We work 7 days a week 10-16 hours a day).
CREATING TRULY MAGICKAL ITEMS
We build and design each product with love and positive intent.
DragonOak creates each item to be a "magickal" tool and this intent is most important.
Most commercial products cannot make this claim.
For a definition of the process of creating real magickal items please visit The Process of Creating Truly Magickal Ritual Tools web page.
NO METAL USED IN MANY OF OUR PRODUCTS
Most of our altars and boxes are built with no metal, as it is believed by some that metal may interfere with the transfer of energy.
We do add brass candle holders to many of the altars and will gladly leave the candle hole off if you prefer.
YOUR ITEM IS CRAFTED TO BE TRULY UNIQUE
Your DragonOak original piece is made especially for you after you have placed your order!
All designs are wood burned by hand and each is truly unique.
DragonOak has studied divination and ritual for many years and brings forth products fitting for your ritual and sacred space.
OUR ITEMS ARE MADE TO BE RUSTIC
Products are made to look rustic, if you feel there is a defect we would be happy to remake or repair your item.
SPECIAL REQUESTS AND/OR FREE PERSONALIZATION
Our site is not set up to add special instructions to your order, like change of design, custom sizing or directions.
If you use PayPal you will have a place to include your personalized name choice.
Please Specify Name Accurately.
If you have other requests for customizing your purchase or you use Google Shopping Cart just drop us an email indicating your preferences, after your payment is made.
DragonOak Custom Request
MAIL IN ORDERS
You may also mail your order, with complete information including your ship to address, and pay by cashiers check/money order.
To Pay by mail please follow the link for our order form, print out, and complete for items you are ordering.
DragonOak's Wood Shop Order Form
Personal checks will be accepted if they are on US banks only and orders will not be processed until the check has cleared our bank.
(If paying by check, please include your state drivers license and birth-date.).