CREATING TRULY MAGICKAL RITUAL TOOLS
The methods and procedures behind the old magickal rites for creating truly magickal ritual tools include a four-fold process. To enter the deeper realm of magick, we must consider the process by which the tools of that very magic are to be made. Based on my studies of the occult and deeper forms of magic, there are four dimensions, properties, or elements used in the creation of magickal tools. The physical or material properties, the emotions or vibrations, the focus or will, and the actions or rituals compromise the four elements of magic.
The more effort and personal energy we put into creating a magickal tool, the more magick or power that tool contains. In some ways the process by which we create magickal tools is akin to art. The more personal energy and time we extend, the greater the creative force that will prevail. And like great art, over time the result will be sustained and magnified. I do not write this as the law of magick, I write it as an option to consider when creating or even purchasing your magickal tools.
While the creation of a truly magickal tool is not complex; it requires more input than just mere faith. I truly appreciate the neopagan movement, and it's seeking to define itself as more open and less judgmental style of spirituality than the more "mainstream" movements of today. While being accepting of and more tolerant with methods, procedures, and "rules" of the order, they tend to encourage the free thought, and intermingling of ideas. This is as it should be in my opinion, because the source of personal spirituality must be discovered rather that dramatically acted or blindly followed. But in the process of tolerance, it is important to acknowledge and remember, the rituals, practices, and methods of old, lest they be lost.
First is the element of the physical properties. This can be determined by asking the following questions. Keep in mind, the more magick put into the process, the more magick and energy we can utilize from it.
1. What are the raw materials of the item, i.e. the wood, herb, stone, etc.?
2. Were the materials grown or harvested specifically for a magickal purpose?
3. Do those elements have magickal properties that correspond to what you want to the tool to be utilized for?
4. Was the material harvested from a magickal location, i.e. druid oak groves, cross roads, conjunction of lay lines, your personal meditation place, etc.?
5. Was the material harvested during the right magickal time, i.e. phase of the moon, planetary alignment, season, etc.?
The second consideration in the realm of magickal dimensions is the emotions or vibrations of the materials and/or item. Everything in the universe resonates a specific vibration for that element, as humans we relate this vibration to the emotion. As such we can actually change the vibration state that is linked to our emotional state. So the following questions are a guideline to determine the level of magickal input the said item has:
1. What was the emotional state of the environment or area when the materials was harvested, i.e. was the area being traumatized by clear cut timbering, or strip mining, or was it a hidden area that looked un-trodden by human feet?
2. What was the emotional state of the person that harvested the materials i.e. happy, anger, unsettled, etc.?
3. Meditate and focus on the item, its base materials, and try to align with the current vibration state of being. Does it align with the purposes of the tool you are trying to create?
4. What was the emotional condition during the rituals consecrating the material or tool and subsequently in preparing or using it?
5. When you use the tool what is the emotion state you are in? And consider how those energies whether conscious or subconscious are entering into the tool.
Next consider the "intent" that was put into the elements and the magickal tool. Ask the following questions concerning the focus, will, or thought that went into the magickal item.
1. Is the item being created as it wishes to be? Take time to meditate on the current state of the materials and/or item, and try to answer if that is what it wants to be?
2. Was the intent if the harvester or creator good or malignant?
3. What is your focus or intent with the magickal tool?
4. Does your focus or intent align with the same intentions of the material or magickal tool?
5. Does your focus and intent with the tool align with the state of being or wishes of that which is the subject of the spell or ritual? An example would be if I were to focus on changing the color of a flower from pink to white, and my wand and crystal are the charges for that spell, does the flower wish to be changed from pink to white?
And the last level in creating a tool or making an existing tool magickal is the element of action. These usually center upon how the item was consecrated, how the item is used, and the rituals or actions behind the use of the tool.
1. Were the materials and/or item consecrated within the rights and traditions for its created purpose?
2. Are the rituals appropriate for the materials and/or tools? In a ritual working with earth elementals would you build a magickal pail of water? Water washes earth away.
3. Are the materials and/or tools being used during the appropriate season or time? It is similar to using snow during the summer.
4. Do the materials and/or tools work well with the deities, spirits, or elements that are the center of the ritual? An example would be to use a wand during the invocation of a deity like Thor, when a blade or hammer would be far more appropriate.
5. Are the materials and/or tool being used or brought to action in alignment with their natural properties? Crystals focus energy while stones like hematite absorb certain negative energies. Does the tool require the strength and power of the oak, or the bending and change properties of the willow?
For me to put this subject into relative terms, lets take a simple book of shadows and go thru some basic considerations of its relative magickal energies. If I was to go down to Kmart and purchase a spiral notebook to act as my book of shadows, is it magickal? Yes but very low in the magickal energy and capabilities. The resources used to make the notebook, the creation or making of the spiral notebook, and how the completed item was transferred to my stewardship, had little or no magickal input. So this makes its capabilities very low on the magickal scale. So far the only magickal property here is my intent when I buy it to be a magickal book. Once I focus on the spiral notebook, consecrate the book, add my spells and rituals into the book it becomes a magickal force, but only retaining the properties I put into it.
Now lets take this theory to the more magickal input side into the equation. On the eve of a waxing moon (increasing energies) I find a willow tree that has been struck by lightening. With permission and a gift of fertilizer, I take a branch from the tree and cut it into a set of witches runes. I burn the runes as near a full moon as I can, and proceed to charge the runes in a bath of moonlight. Then upon a dark moon I consecrate the runes before the goddess Hecate in ritual as prescribed by the old traditions. Now do you see the power in a ritual tool created in such a way? And as such this is how many of my tools are created, by the old traditions and rights.
So take care and consider the elements and methods of creating your ritual tools. There is much to say about following tradition and the old rights. Although there is nothing wrong with following your own personal path, and your own choice of deity, ritual etc, I recommend that you do not completely throw out the wisdom and knowledge of the ancients.
| Looking for something custom designed? Feel free to email me and lets see what we can do for you! Looking for wholesale pricing, contact: GYPSY BETH
Due to our personalization process or themes on many products,please allow sufficient time for item
to ship. Most items* require time for stains and finish coats (varnish/danish oil/hand rubbed wax).
Personalized items may not be refunded or returned, Please specify name accurately.
Orders paid by check are processed after 10 days. Custom items may take up to a month.
Pricing includes USPS delivery confirmation and shipping in U.S.
International orders please contact us for correct shipping cost.
Notice for Non-US shipments.
Please email your order so that correct charges are applied.
The shopping cart on our site is set for US shipping only.
If you pay for your order using the shopping cart, you will receive a separate invoice for additional shipping charges to your country.
No return or refund on personalized or custom items Please contact us before returning any item.
Return must be shipped (at buyers cost) insured with delivery confirmation added. Delivery confirmation number or other
verified shipping number must be supplied to us within 24 hours of shipment.
Refunds are issued for purchase price only, no refund on shipping/handling.
Customer must contact us and notify a request for return, then ship the item back insured with delivery confirmation to us at customers cost.
We will repair or replace the item and return it to the customer.
Delivery confirmation # must be supplied to us within 24 hours of return shipment.
ITEMS HAND MADE TO ORDER
Products are handcrafted to order. Please allow sufficient time for your order to be completed.
An order may take from 10 days to 6 weeks (custom built altars may take up to 10 weeks) depending on the order, how many other orders we have in front of you, etc.
DragonOak and Gypsy Beth have no other employees, we do all the work ourselves.
This prevents the hands of too many on your magical tool.
However, if we have a bad day, to avoid putting any of that negative energy into your product,
we may have to take the day off once in a while.
(We work 7 days a week 10-16 hours a day).
CREATING TRULY MAGICKAL ITEMS
We build and design each product with love and positive intent.
DragonOak creates each item to be a "magickal" tool and this intent is most important.
Most commercial products cannot make this claim.
For a definition of the process of creating real magickal items please visit The Process of Creating Truly Magickal Ritual Tools web page.
NO METAL USED IN MANY OF OUR PRODUCTS
Most of our altars and boxes are built with no metal, as it is believed by some that metal may interfere with the transfer of energy.
We do add brass candle holders to many of the altars and will gladly leave the candle hole off if you prefer.
YOUR ITEM IS CRAFTED TO BE TRULY UNIQUE
Your DragonOak original piece is made especially for you after you have placed your order!
All designs are wood -burnt by hand and each is truly unique.
DragonOak has studied divination and ritual for many years and brings forth products fitting for your ritual and sacred space.
OUR ITEMS ARE MADE TO BE RUSTIC
Products are made to look rustic, if you feel there is a defect we would be happy to remake or repair your item.
SPECIAL REQUESTS AND/OR FREE PRESONALIZATION
Our site is not set up to add special instructions to your order, like change of design, custom sizing or directions, or personalization. However, once you are on the PayPal site making your payment, there is a note section, it may not show up, and may be hidden, but there should be a click on text line, that will open this up. You may put special instructions here. Please Specify Name Accurately. If you still do not find the note option, just drop us an email indicating your preferences, after your payment is made.
DragonOak Custom Request
GOOGLE CHECK OUT
If you prefer to use Google shopping cart as your payment option,
email your order with your Google billing email address and physical shipping address, complete item names,
listed price, and the link if you have it handy and any special instructions, and we will invoice you from Google.
MAIL IN ORDERS
You may also mail your order, with complete information including your ship to address, and pay by cashiers check/money order.
To Pay by mail please follow the link for our order form, print out, and complete for items you are ordering.
DragonOak's Wood Shop Order Form
Personal checks will be accepted if they are on US banks only and orders will not be processed until the check has cleared our bank.
(If paying by check, please include your state drivers license and birth-date.).