Simple Wood Fortune Tellers Board by DragonOak
Magically Imbued with 9 Different Moon Elements
Fortune Tellers Board!
Ouija Board - Paranormal Themes Your Choice
Symbols and lettering is wood burned by hand for lasting beauty!
Simple Spirit Board
Each board is numbered and signed by DragonOak.
Simple Spirit Board!
This Board measures 18” X 11”. No matter where you place the board inside, it makes an attractive addition to any table or counter. No metal is used in constructing this box, as some believe that metal can interfere with the flow of energies. Each Board comes with a planchette and instructions. Boards and planchettes have been infused with 9 different elements that are known to attract visitors from the other side. These elements include silver, crystal, and willow leafs.
Fortune Tellers Board!
This board is hand crafted by DragonOak, "one who walks the pagan path". DragonOak has studied methods of divination for over 20 years and now brings forth handcrafted items that are fitting for the field of divination.
Natural stains and finishes are used to protect the wood and highlight the beauty of natural wood.
| Looking for something custom designed? Feel free to email me and lets see what we can do for you! Looking for wholesale pricing, contact: GYPSY BETH
Basic Guide to Your Spirit Board - Suggestions for Using the Ouija Board - Spirit Board
An ouija board is a wooden board that contains the 26 letters of the alphabet; the numbers 0-9; and the words yes, no, maybe, and goodbye. Occasionally symbols or variations on the words are substituted (i.e. a question mark for maybe or don't know, farewell instead of goodbye).
There are two popular theories as to how the Ouija board works. The first is the theory as supported by many spiritualists. This theory states that; spirits who have messages to give to the living communicate through the board. The second theory is the automatic theory witch states that; the answers come from the subconscious mind of the person(s) guiding the planchette (this is not the same as deliberately moving the planchette). Which theory is true is unknown, witch is also part of the definition of the word occult. For most it may just depend on the beliefs of the person using the board. Many studies have been conduction researching paranormal and psychic abilities, even by the US government, and yet most of this research remains classified, so you be the judge.
Another controversy that comes up with the Ouija board is whether it is good or evil. It is usually a decision that is different for each individual person and that decision is usually based on their personal or moral beliefs. My answer is that it is neither, it is a board made of wood, inanimate a simple portal; much like a door. Is your front door good or evil? It lets in people who are both good and bad, your bills and bad news come through it, but also do your family members and gifts. But do keep in mind that Spirit boards are not the tool of the devil. I'm sure that Satan has better things to do than hang around your Spirit board. Besides, everyone knows that the tool of Satan is a Phillips Screwdriver...
If you choose to work with a Ouija board, there are a few things you should know in order to keep it safe. The first thing is to limit the experiences. It should be used in intervals, preferably no more than 1-2 hours a week. It is not recommended to work alone, but make sure your partner is someone you trust. Always be positive, you're going to attract the same kind of vibes you send out. As far as protection goes, if you are a Wiccan you will want to cast a circle before using the Ouija board, and naturally close it afterwards. If you are Christian you might want to keep a bible or a rosary close at hand. The importance in keeping your protective symbols close is that it keeps your reading focused and directed and if you feel safe you will also feel empowered. Most importantly, if you feel anything threatening or evil say goodbye and put the board up immediately. When you feel reasonably safe you should then cleanse your board to banish any negative imprints.
Guidelines for using your spirit board
1.. The more the merrier. Having two or more people using a spirit - ouija board reduces tension and reluctance when the spirits guide the planchette. It is also believed that the more people you have builds stronger energy and makes contact more likely. It is also recommended to work with those you consider friends, providing even less tension and creating an element of trust.
2.. Let your fingers do the talking by lightly placing your fingertips on the planchette. Do not force the movement of the planchette, if it isn't responding to a light touch no one is there, give it time, or there is not enough psychic energy being generated try to focus on a single question or meditate on the spirit you are attempting to contact. Try to clear your mind and relax. Ask in general if there are any spirits present, ask them to respond, and relax and wait, patience is the key. (also see #11 below)
3.. Night time is the best for working with spirit boards. Low or ambient lighting, incense, and candles help create a translucent atmosphere that is favorable to the spirits. Minimize all possible background noises and distractions. And for those that like to capture EVP's use a tape recorder during the sessions.
4.. Just because you heard it on your ouija board, does not mean it is so. Spirit contact is most often working with disembodied people, they are subject to their own bias, ignorance, and sometimes arrogance. Ask questions and later check sources. Ask the same question more than once in a session, to verify that you get the same response. I once worked with a 16 year old spirit that often told us what we wanted to hear because he craved the contact.
5.. Rarely very strong controlling spirits can contact during a sessions. Do NOT let them intimidate or control the session. It is in essence no more then the same maniacal control ego we see in those personalities in human form that gets away with as much as people allow. Demand that a spirit who is trying to control behave or leave. You are in control.
6.. Be as comfortable as possible. It is essential that everyone be relaxed. I personally have had my best results being seated around a table. There are no rules that a session must be a total solemn occasion, in chatting, and laughing you create an environment that may encourage friendly spirits to join in. Of course you may also get the occasional trickster spirit, using this method. Again remember you are in control.
7.. Be considerate of both the participants and the spirits. You always get more flies with honey, and thanking the spirits for their time and their insight builds a bond for future sessions.
8.. Unless you have a connection to astronomy professionals that can tell you when sun spots are at a high and solar flares are at a low, use the board at night. Best results are when solar activity are at a low and the atmosphere is less turbulent.
9.. Start with simple yes or no questions. The spirit needs a little time to build energy and keeping it simple allows them to add to their reserves. Avoid asking multiple questions in a single sentence or to rapidly. Take time to fully understand the response, so that you can repeat its essence and verify that was what the spirit meant.
10.. It is advisable that all participate, but that only one be the focus, medium, of the session. This allows the medium to build a bridge and connect with the spirit. You can verbalize your questions but ask the medium to repeat.
11.. Sometimes it helps to move the planchette in circles allowing the momentum take a life of its own. Giving it that little push allows spirits to connect and move the planchette.
12.. Keep the questions as simple as possible. Knowing the extent of the spirits understanding and knowledge does not push them away. Put it this way, would you ask President Bush to explain the Theory of Relativity?
13.. It is a good idea to have someone writing down questions and responses. Often spirits speak in an abbreviated code of first letters of words (instead of whole words) and also they may spell things out phonetically. When we see it written out, it becomes more clear. Keep in mind that not all spirits originally spoke your language. Some spirits may also communicate in symbolic terms, so round could be a cookie, a ball, a ritual circle...
14.. Sometimes people ask for signs of presence from the spirits. Be very careful asking for manifestations like this, because these often cause an automated response of fear once a spirit responds. Fear is a level of energy that some spirits have learned to draw from. Creating a nasty little cycle of causing fear so they can get stronger then creating more fear by manifesting etc.
15.. Patience is essential. Some spirits are as weary and reluctant as we are to contact them. Although asking questions about a time period they resided in is perfectly acceptable, avoid asking for anything too specific, like a time or date in your world, they may have problems transferring events on a time-line as time is insignificant to them.
16.. Always end the sessions with reverence and thanking the spirits for their time and dismiss them if they do not use the good-bye or farewell on your board. Do not be insulted if a spirit you are talking to abruptly dismisses you, this is common as they tire (or bore) easily.
Best times to use a ouija board
1.. Periods of low atmospheric disturbance and solar activity.
2.. My personal best results have been at night time between the times of 9pm and 2am
3.. Fall and Winter, the air is crisp, clean, and there seems to be more fluidity in the spirit realm
4.. Close to or on Halloween (Samhain) is a traditional best time.
5.. Solstice periods can have good results.
Best environment for positive outcome
1.. Living room or kitchen, basically places you feel secure and safe.
2.. Places of happy memories or excellent sources of spirit contact. Parks, lovers gazebo's, gardens and places that bring peace to your current state of being. Avoid places of tragedy, spirits here tend to be obsessed with darkness, their untimely death, their crime or the act that brought them there. Graveyards, crime scenes, and places that increase your own level of fear or discomfort are not recommended.
3.. Lay-lines and where they cross are good sources of contact. These create breaks in the physical realm that breaches the spiritual world. Often these are the sites of old pagan gatherings, old churches, native spiritual centers.
4.. Sacred places, those special private spots. A pond, a cave, or any other place you consider to be sacred, or your special spot. These spots attract kind and beautiful spirits and guides.
5.. Places of haunting that do not show fear, harm, or anger as the focus. There are playful, helpful, and connecting spirits that actually enjoy our contact.
Best persons to be the medium
1.. Those born under the water signs of Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces.
2.. People that have a positive attitude, believers so to speak. When people are confident in me, I tend to provide better results, the spirits are the same.
3.. Cheerful persons, those that always seem to have a smile.
4.. Believers, it does no good if your medium is a skeptic.
5.. Good orators, who possess the ability to evaluate the nature of their audience (in this case the spirits) and can change the direction of the questions as needed.
Best elements to bring to attract spirits
2.. Toadstool, mushrooms, or other plants that grow by the light of the moon.
3.. Herbs like lavander, mugwort, and wormwood which all increase divination.
4.. Cats or some clippings of cat hair. Strong spiritual connection to the feline race.
5.. Eggs in shells or even just the shells.
6.. Oyster shells
8.. Crytals, Amethyst, and Moonstone
9.. Purified bowl of water
10.. Willow wood or leaves.
Best question to ask (goal is to establish a repertoire and to build trust)
1.. Did you live on earth at anytime? When did you live on this world?
2.. What was the name of the place, village, or area you lived?
3.. What did you do for a living? What were your hobbies.
4.. What would you like to tell us?
5.. What is your name?
6.. Who were your parents or what tribe do you come from?
Best atmosphere builders
1.. Low ambient lighting, candle light is the best
2.. Noise reduction to the closest possible state of silence as possible
3.. Opening the séance with a ritual or request of the spirits adds to the properties of the session.
4.. Positive and believing individuals, skepticism really can cause a block.
Best protective elements
1.. Sage, the protective elements of this herb are legendary.
2.. Frankincense and Myrrh or Dragonsblood. Incense that is traditionally protective.
3.. Black candles to absorb negative and white candles to attract positive energies
4.. Hematite, obsidian, and kyanite. These minerals and stones are traditional for protection.
5.. Project your authority, this is your realm, not theirs. Fear is only an element of your mind.
6.. Sea salt
Signs of Haunting Activity
1. Unexplained noises - footsteps; knocks, banging, rapping; scratching sounds; sounds of something being dropped. Sometimes these noises can be subtle and other times they can be quite loud.
2. Doors, cabinets and cupboards opening and closing - most often, these phenomena are not seen directly. The resident either hears the distinct sounds of the doors opening and closing (homeowners get to know quite well the distinctive sounds their houses make) or the experiencer will return to a room to find a door open or closed when they are certain it was left in the opposite position. Sometimes furniture, like kitchen chairs, are perceived to have been moved. Very rarely will someone actually witness the phenomenon taking place.
3. Feelings of being touched - the feeling of being watched is one thing, and actually feeling like you are being touched is quite another. Some people feel something brush past them, something touching their hair or "a hand" on the shoulder. Some feel a gentle poke, push or nudge. Some have even experienced the sensation that an energy (not their own) has gone right through them.
4. Other physical evidence - unexplained writing on paper or walls; handprints and footprints.
5. Lights turning off and on - likewise, these events are seldom seen actually occurring, but the lights are switched on or off when the person knows they were not left that way. This can also happen with TVs, radios and other electrically powered items.
6. Items disappearing and reappearing - Others have called this "the borrowers" phenomenon. It is the familiar experience of not being able to find a regularly used item - say, a set of car keys - which one believes they placed in a spot they routinely place them. But they're gone and one looks high and low for them with no success. Some time later, the keys are found - in exactly the place you normally put them. It's as if the object was borrowed by someone or something for a short time, then returned. Sometimes they are not returned for days or even weeks, but when they are, it's in an obvious place that could not have been missed by even a casual search.
7. Strange animal behavior - a dog, cat or other pet behaves strangely. Dogs may bark at something unseen, cower without apparent reason or refuse to enter a room they normally do. Cats may seem to be "watching" something cross a room. Animals have sharper senses than humans, and many researchers think their psychic abilities might be more finely tuned also.
8. Mild psycho-kinetic phenomena - hearing a door open or close is one thing. Actually seeing it happen is quite another. Similarly, actually seeing a light go on or off by itself is greater proof that something unexplained is happening. This could be a radio or tv turning on and off. Or perhaps when a child's powered toy begins to operate on its own. Doors and windows are locked or unlocked. Some people report that when they are in bed they can feel and/or hear something sitting on the bed.
9. Cries and whispers - on occasion, muffled voices, whispering and crying can be heard. Sometimes it's music from some unknown source. People hear their names being said. This phenomenon gains more credibility if more than one person hears or sees the same thing at the same time.
10. Cold or hot spots - cold spots are classic haunting symptoms, but any instance of a noticeable variance in temperature without a discernable cause could be evidence.
11. Unexplained smells - the distinct fragrance of a perfume or cologne that you do not have in your house. This phenomenon comes and goes without any apparent cause and may accompany other phenomena, such as shadows, voices or psycho-kinetic phenomena. Unfortunately it is not always a pleasant scent, but a foul odor which is perceived.
12. Feelings of being watched - this is not an uncommon feeling and can be attributed to many things, but it could have a paranormal source if the feeling consistently occurs in a particular part of the house at a particular time.
13. Unexplained shadows - the sighting of fleeting shapes and shadows, usually seen out of the corner of the eye. Many times, the shadows have vaguely human forms, while other times they are less distinguishable or smaller.
14. Moving or levitating objects (severe psycho-kinetic phenomena) - dinner plates sliding across the table; pictures flying off walls; doors slamming shut with great force; furniture sliding across the floor.
15. Physical assault - scratches, slaps and hard shoves. This kind of personal assault is extremely rare, but obviously highly disturbing.
16. Apparitions - physical manifestation of a spirit or entity. These phenomena are also very rare and can take many forms: human-shaped mists, orbs or forming mists of some indistinguishable shape, transparent human forms that disappear quickly, and most rarely, human forms that look as real and solid as any living person, but that disappear into a room or evaporate into thin air while being viewed.
Types of Ghosts and Spirits
Orbs: The orb is the most common form a spirit takes, perhaps it is easier for them to appear as such, but no one knows this for certain. They can appear to have a solid mass or a swirling, geometric pattern in the center. They can be transparent or glowing balls of light floating in mid-air. Some have been photographed with 35mm cameras, but mostly their images are captured on digital photographs. It has been said that orbs are the spirit energy that remains of what used to be a human being, while others speculate orbs are the vehicle form for spirits to travel at a fast speed. They are intelligent and have interacted with the living on many occasions and are sometimes visible to the trained eye. Orbs are often picked up electronically by a camera or video recorder. It is an amazing sight to behold! Some believe the color of the orb reflects their mood and still others report that colored orbs indicate active surroundings.
Plasmoids: These are generally viewed as orbs with a tail, indicating they are moving at great speeds.
Streamers: These are fast moving orbs that look like streaming lines of light, or energy, that have been captured on film, but are not usually visible to the naked eye. They appear almost like a moving cigarette in the dark, but have a tread in the center. They are usually whitish but can come in many different colors.
Ghost Lights: Scientists have claimed this phenomenon is caused by swamp gas or some other type of phosphorescent material from the Earth's interior, but this has never been proven. Stories abound of men who have tried to follow these lights, only to be lured into the darkness, and sometimes death. Legend has it that this light is a soul of a person who has been refused by both heaven and hell (if one choses to believe in hell) and is doomed to wander through eternity here on earth.
Apparitions: Apparitions are the image of the spirit (in it's human form) that is creating the effect, which we call earth-bound spirits who, for whatever reason, have not passed on. Violent, unexpected deaths, guilt or simply fear of moving into the light may be key factors to why they choose to remain here. While not always complete, this is the way a ghost looked when they were alive. They are intelligent and can interact with us by speaking to appearing. They can create odors, make sounds and move things, but this is to gain your attention. As humans, we are famous for being afraid of new things. This entity is simply a human spirit who will retain the same personality they had in life. Some are nice, some are mean, but rarely are they evil, and certainly nothing like the evil entities that are born on the Hollywood screen. They can be anywhere, and most likely are. They can cause hot and cold spots, feelings of being watched, sounds and smells as well as disruptions with any electrical appliances; radios, TV's, computers, washers and dryers, etc. You may even feel them touch you lightly, or hear moving furniture from another room. They will try to get your attention, and in so doing, could frighten you, but we do not believe that is their intention. Maybe they are trying to pass on a message or warning, or simply want you to know they are there. In any case acknowledge them, talk to them as you would a friend and they will be satisfied. If they frighten you, in most cases if you simply tell them they are doing so, they will stop. Always remember, they are just like us and will usually respect you as long as you respect them. Photographing an apparition is extremely rare, the dream of all investigators, and we treasure this prize!
Spirits: These are reportedly souls that have died, passed over and come back to visit. They are almost impossible to differentiate from a ghost as they manifest themselves in the same way. The only way known to tell the difference is for them to tell you, according to psychics who have the ability to see and speak with them.
Residual: This phenomenon is thought to be like watching a movie about an historic event. This type of ghost cannot interact with you and is not aware of your presence. You could experience smells, sounds and possibly see the ghost as it replays a moment of his or her life. This event is imprinted on the area and is played back under the right conditions. While this can certainly be a frightening experience for the viewer, just remember you are not in danger.
Ectoplasm: This is a type of mist, or fog, that appears to have movement in its depths. It is usually a light shade of gray, like cigarette smoke or exhaled breath in the winter, but can come in several colors. It floats through the air and can stay stationary or move extremely fast. It has been said that a spirit will usually take this form before appearing as an apparition.
Vortex: These appear as a funnel shape with a skidding tread design in the center and have been mistaken for camera straps. They are usually white in color, but some have been photographed with a light blue center. Many believe it to be a former resident or the spirit of a deceased relative, yet others think it is a speeding orb that can turn corners or stop on a dime.
Shadow Ghosts: This is a sneaky type that appears as a long, thin shadow in the strangest places, although many claim to have seen them in the shape of a man. They are extremely evasive, making them hard to photograph. When noticed, they will blend into nearby shadows, or disappear through a wall. You may have seen them from the corner of your eye as they dart about, but dismissed it as imagination. Some people believe these spirits are actually demons (if you believe in the existence of such), but so far there is no evidence to prove this theory.
Poltergeist: Meaning Noisy Ghost, this entity lives up to it's name. Some claim this is not related to the paranormal but is caused by a living person, usually a teen-aged girl who is under a great deal of stress. We believe poltergeist are non-human entities that are vicious, malevolent and are indeed paranormal. They are capable of scratching, biting and slapping, as reported in the Bell Witch case. They are also capable of starting fires, throwing things, making items (usually coins or rocks), appear in thin air, just before hurling them across the room at their intended victim.
Incubus and Succubus: They are entities which are sexual predators. The Incubus is a male ghost that sexual attacks women, and the Succubus is a female ghost with attacks men. Usually the Succubus seduces before she attacks, but the Incubus usually just takes what he wants.
Demons: Demons are believed to be minions of hell and seem to feed off the fear they invoke in humans. They are dangerous and can be mistaken for poltergeist as they are mischievous and flashy, almost like a child screaming "look at me! I can scare you!" These are non-human spirits who will pose as a friendly spirit to gain your trust and sometimes appear to users of Ouija boards, black magic and satanic worship. We believe that this type of spirit form could also be a passed human that remains to be as mean and evil as they probably were in this life. Meaning that often people that pass take on the same characteristics in this life on to the other side. Evil and goodness are from sources within, we choose which becomes our character. So in essence a tormented and evil soul like Hitler would continue his attempt to create havoc against the things he hated.
Monks: No one knows for certain what role a monk could play, but perhaps they come back to help those in their time of need. Monks, priests, ministers, preachers, etc, regardless of their religion, spend most of their life helping those in need and watching over our souls. Perhaps some of them continue to do so after death. Perhaps they (the monks) are resentful for having to pay penance for past sins.
My Personal Warnings:
1. Do NOT use the Spirit Board in graveyards or sights of tragic death. Spirits bound to these places are often very confused and sometimes angry. Using a Spirit Board in these places can open a connection with those spirits to yourself and allow them to bind to you and/or the board.
2. Do NOT take the Spirit Board lightly; mocking the message delivery can cause unpleasant reactions. The idea here is that do you like to be mocked or taken lightly? Nor do the Spirits.
3. Do NOT believe everything just because it comes through on a Spirit Board. When we pass to the other side, we tend to keep our personalities. We can joke, tease, and even lie; as can the spirits who respond on these boards. They are still human so to speak. An angry human is not likely to mellow in death, although some may.
4. Take notes during your session, carefully evaluate all the information you get from beyond. If it does not sound right, or feel comfortable, you may want to consider banishing the spirit from contact. You may also want to do a basic cleansing or smudging of your board after a session. By all means test the information you get. Ask questions until you are sure the information you are receiving is consistent.